According to a new study published in the Journal of Sex Research, there are seven basic reasons why people cheat on each other.
A team of us researchers surveyed 495 twenty women and men, each of them told, have changed ever to your partner, and if so, why. After analyzing the results of the survey, scientists have identified seven major factors that push people to have Affairs on the side.
Seven reasons why people cheat, look so:
1. The relationship gone feeling. 77% of respondents said that they went to the affair because of a lack of love. “I don’t feel that my partner loves me”, – explained the reason of infidelity many of the respondents. Interestingly, most of the people who described the reason for her infidelity this factor, noted that she stopped feeling love for the partner, and not Vice versa.
2. The desire to have more sexual partners. The second most common cause of infidelity was the fact that people wanted “more variety of sexual partners.” Apparently, many of us live animal instincts that want to meet.
3. Lack of attachment to a partner. 41% of respondents said that they went to the betrayal, because I never felt a strong emotional attachment to the person.
4. Situational factors. Despite the fact that the phrase “I was drunk” sounds like the well-known and convincing justification, in fact a lot of people (70%) commit adultery, that’s why. However, this is not always the only reason people changed.
5. Increase self-esteem. More than half of respondents (57%) as a cause of infidelity indicated low self-esteem. “I wanted to become more popular,” admitted many respondents.
6. Spite. Many respondents (43%) said that the reason for their betrayal was anger on the partner or desire to take revenge on him for something.
7. Just sex. About a third of respondents admitted that they cheated on their partners simply because at the time they wanted to have sex.
Among all respondents the option of “just sex” as the main causes of infidelity selected as a rule, men. Women are often the main cause of their treason was called ogladanie feelings for the partner.