The next stage of the 73rd version of the Spanish Vuelta.
The protagonist of the stage with the finish on the mountain the first category was the canadian Michael woods, who last year unexpectedly in the overall standings of the Vuelta finished in seventh place. Woods in the struggle for a debut win at the stage of the Grand tour surpassed the miners – Rafal t-Shirt and Ilnur Zakarin.
The owner of the red shirts Simon Yates finished 8 seconds behind Alejandro Valverde, but retained the lead in the overall standings.
Ukrainian mark Padun not finished and prematurely ended his performance at the Vuelta. Nair Quintana lost to Yates for almost a minute and flew out the top 5.
The results of the 17th stage:
1. Michael woods (Canada, Team EF Education First-Drapac p/b Cannondale) – 4:09,48
2. Dylan Teuns (Belgium, BMC) – 0,05
3. David de La Cruz (Spain, Sky) – 0,10
4. Rafal Majka (Poland, BORA-hansgrohe) and 0.13
5. Ilnur Zakarin (Russia, Katusha-Alpecin) Is 0.38
1. Simon Yates (Britain, Mitchelton-Scott) – 69:05,34
2. Alejandro Valverde (Spain, Movistar) – 0,25
3. Enric Mas (Spain, Quick-Step Floors) – 1,22
4. Miguel Angel Lopez (Colombia, “Astana”) – 1,36
5. Stephen Creswick (Netherlands, LottoNL-Jumbo) – 1,48
Tomorrow the Vuelta a flat stage without a single categorized climb. The General classification favorites will get one last opportunity to relax before the decisive battle in the mountains.