Valencia — a beautiful city of Spain.
Many talk about the preparation before the trip to Valencia. And it’s not about the suitcase and the purchase of suntan lotion. Advisers persuaded the traveller to the realization of future emotions, to configure certain impressions through guides, pictures and now more popular videos on the Internet. All based on the fact that until you’re ready to defend the thesis on the history of the city and the country as a whole, you can not see the true insight and excessive happiness, when polished paving stones of the Old city with their sandals.
Of course, this makes sense, if the person has some interest in narrow topics. For example, the desire to see religious relics in the course of life or to paint a portrait of all species of herons from nature. Then, Yes. A few books or pages in Wikipedia will have to study.
Photography and text by Andrey Bortnikov
But now I’m not talking about these people.
What is first important for the traveler? Self-discovery and the resulting experience! And what they will be, but if you already “Google” a virtual walk through the Plaza de La Reina, considered at “Yandex.pics” all stucco of the Palace of the Marquis de DOS Aguas and experimented in the kitchen with visitanos on the food forum a recipe for paella? No, far be it from me to insist on a blind journey into the city and the country with a rich history. Just need to have a skeleton of basic knowledge and build on it, the meat is better own experience. Because each mystery has its place and time. So first go and book the plane tickets and accommodation. And then with his head immersed in a Spanish flavor!
1. In the mid-nineteenth century the they have very well went the cultivation of oranges and rice, which affected the growth of the city. It was therefore decided to demolish the fortress walls. They were only the gate. Torres de quart from the West and the Torres de Serrans North. These towers are about 600 years old.
In principle, such a plan I adhered to, except for some moments. Still, I’m a photographer, so to see a few dozen good photos in a network is a must for me. But my other companions on the journey in this plan everything was perfect: a kind of pure white sheet, a bright colorful strokes painted Valencian splendor. I am sure that you are not really interested in our adventures, so how I absorbed the story back, lying on the Central square, had a fight with Asians and thought the oranges on the trees, it is better omitted. And here is a small cheat sheet “of Valencia. What? Where? And how?” I with your permission will amount to.
2. In the city centre, directly at the train station, Bullring, up to 16 thousand spectators. It is about 25 submissions.
3. North train station.
4. Inside the station are often exhibition and exposure. In June 2017 in honor of the 60th anniversary of the SEAT 600 model was exhibited of the legendary cars of different trim levels.
Let it all starts on a normal scenario: you take the purse and go outside. Local residents decided not to have Breakfast outside the home, so with the authentic cuisine will have to wait until lunch. And here emerges from a couple of options: go, for example, in an Italian café to eat the Focaccia, drinking black coffee, while slightly blur the image of the “Spanish” town, or go to the market, where to full stomach you can search for the difference between jamon “Serrano” and “Iberico”, in the pauses sampling cooling Valencian drink horchata. I am sure that everyone has made their choice based on their preferences. So after market is a little rest, sitting on a bench, in a relaxed atmosphere to eat the fruit that randomly appeared in your hands. Why the rush? You’re in Spain!
5. The Church of St. John (Església dels Sants Joans), built in the XIII century on the site of the mosque and Central market — a masterpiece of architecture of the modern age and the largest market in Europe.
The historic part of Valencia without a doubt there are features. In two thousand years the city can not be otherwise. History will not shut with your finger, somewhere will come out and the Roman past, and the legacy of the Moors, and all known cultural era of Europe. It is important not to get confused and try to guess the rebus, made up of time. The simplest option would be to use a detailed guide.
But let’s leave the whole rationalism to tourists from Germany. Better self-understanding, traces how many times are present on the facade of the Cathedral (La Seu de Valencia) and that, most importantly, is inside. In some traditions the tower is built Micalet and which is reminiscent of the fountain in the center of the Square of the virgin Mary (Plaza de la Virgen). Valencia have many more options that will make it clear that she’s special. Importantly, with the right mood to approach the same Silk exchange (Lonja de la Seda) or the Museum of fine arts. And looking at the Palace of the Marquis DOS Aguas (Palacio del Marqués de Dos Aguas) it is easy to feel the sensuality of Spanish that will definitely help to set to dive into the atmosphere of ease and lightness.
8. The Size Of The Virgin Mary. The center of Valencia. It was here that the Romans founded the city. It is the main Church of Valencia – Cathedral of Saint Mary. Its construction was started in the XIII century on the site of the mosque which the Moors at the time, built on the ruined Roman temple of Diana.
9. On the other hand, the area is built up of relatively modern buildings.
11. View of Valencia from the bell tower of the Church of St. Catherine.
View of Valencia from the bell tower of the Church of St. Catherine.
12. City hall is located on the busiest area of Valencia, which hosts festivals and fairs are held.
Oh Yes, the Iberians definitely know a lot about the meaning of his existence. They live in pleasure. At some point, even Siesta was approved by law. And now, more than half of the eatery is not open at lunch time. And if it works, you should not count on the fact that you are quickly served. It is possible that asking the account after your meal, you still long to see, as the waitress sat down at the table next to a friend’s to smoke and drink a Cup of coffee. Therefore, ordering “Valensise” paella safely put 2 hours for the upcoming lunch. And enjoy every moment relaxed sipping Agua de Valencia.
13. Any snack in Spain is called tapas. This is tapas with jamon.
14. Workers food service sit all day at their café during Siesta.
16. The Bank Of Valencia. One of the most beautiful buildings of Valencia. It was built after the Civil war, in 1942 — in the midst of the Second World war.
17. “I want to live here!” — one of my friends said, when in the open window of the bus, her bangs blew in the sea breeze. And her feelings are easy to understand. In Valencia there are no crowds of tourists and shady characters, which is stuffed certain areas of Barcelona. Valencia are not afraid of bold projects. Just look at the map of the city, where you will see the wide and long green strip with parks and walkways, gardens and stadiums, ending at the port, which is the Formula 1 track.
It’s hard to imagine that before there flowed the river Turia! Valencia are not immersed head first into trading and, despite his age, not conservative. That only is the futuristic City of arts and Sciences, Europe’s largest Oceanographic Park! In the city you can actually swim in the sea and spending time in the baggy white sand beaches, which are easily accessible by public transport.
18. The city of arts and Sciences consists of five buildings: the Hemisphere “‘hemisferic” (cinema and planetarium), the Orangery, the “Umbracle”, the science Museum of Prince Felipe “”Museo de las Ciencias Principe Felipe” (Science Museum), the “Oceanografic” (the Oceanographic Park) and the Opera house “Palau de les Arts Reina Sofia”. Don’t miss your opportunity to see this complex in night illumination after sunset.
20. In the evening, locals and tourists take to the streets of the city. The Central area resembles an anthill, where the inhabitants relax and socialize, seamlessly migrating to their favorite bars and clubs.
21. The reverse side of the Valencia night life. In the Carmen district of El Carmen people becomes even more than a day. The city is noisy and “younger” eyes.
22. Watching the city life, it is difficult to say that Valencia is included in the “Troika” of the most visited places of the Spanish mainland. Maybe it was the fact that every visitor feels at home here? Talking to him about life, tell the news, show achievements and not trying to cheat. All this leads to the fact that part of the city penetrates your soul, and you yourself become a part of Valencia.