Here is something to see.
As seem distant Panama? If the talk of the town, as a rule, the imagination draws a line of skyscrapers along the coastline and the Panama canal, which should be a relation between two oceans and two parts of America.
01. As seem distant Panama? If the talk of the town, as a rule, the imagination draws a line of skyscrapers along the coastline and the Panama canal, which should be a relation between two oceans and two parts of America (or Vice versa divides two oceans and links two of America).
02. Overall all it is, if you do not go into details. In detail, Panama city is obviously different. Place is incredibly clean and beautiful.
03. Must be it looks like Miami, the ideas which inspired local architects.
04. But it is necessary to move a little away from the display coastline
04. as soon as there comes a sobering. Still Panama, not Miami. )
05. Well, the usual Central American species. Noisy, dirty, everything in advertising… it would look like the whole country, if not the number of circumstances requiring special attention (but about history some other time).
06. Social housing, social advertising.
07. Met in passing and the world Cup is in Russia (not captured, sorry).
08. Colonial palaces become a long communal apartments for hundreds of families.
09. A couple of kilometers inland, as back in the so-called “one-storeyed America”,
10. where everything is clean, cozy, all greet each other, and compete in trimming lawns at the house…
10. Everything falls into place when you realize that this area which until 2000 was controlled by the United States.
11.Here is the Central office of the Panama canal, with all the adjacent infrastructure facilities. Until recently this whole area was populated by US citizens, and protected by the US army. So it’s not surprising. But today is also Panama.
12. The channel itself, and its many infrastructure located nearby.
13. By the way, today everyone for a small bribe, offer guided tours in the city nearest to the gateway.
14. Gateways as well as by the channel, I had little interest in. In my opinion, much more fun to watch this thing from the ship, as did comrade uritsk in his interesting journey From the Atlantic to the Pacific ocean. Recommend!
15. I continue to be surprised by the contrasts of Panama city. Tube, fucking tube, Moscow rests ladies and gentlemen…
16. Some trash behind barbed wire.
17. Cozy social housing, with inspiring slogans-posters… )
18. And once again on the horizon of Miami.
19. But we won’t go until. First look in old town. Looked like Panama, say in the early XVIII century? And here is how!
20. This district, the CASCO Viejo is the colonial core of old Panama.
21. Today, the area slowly rekonstruiruet, it is in order.
22. In many homes, especially around the perimeter, still the poor live, and what is really there, not very nice smell…
23. Many buildings are abandoned and chosen by street art, good by the way.
24. Friendly Plaza Iglesia Cathedral (under reconstruction),
25. here is a classic rotunda in which Europeans so loved to sit in the shade, hiding from the scorching year round sun.
26. In my opinion all colonial areas look approximately the same, no matter who built them, the Dutch, the Spanish, the Portuguese or the British.
26. They all share the European ideas of different eras, adjusted for the hot climate.
27. Hence the narrow, long eaves of the roofs, well ventilated by winds high Windows, and of course the terraces, the balconies so it was comfortable to observe the natives, sipping cold drinks… Yes, imagination I have everything in order. And You?
28. However, tide.
29. If you look well you can see benchmarks of the bridge of the Americas, and the hills of the southern continent (South America).
30. A good view opens from here and CASCO Viejo.
31. Looks like this is the real Panama.
32. The area of France (why?), once the region of the Panama land on the Pacific coast. While clever Panamanian officials of the XXI century have not built a bypass road, thereby closing the horizon of this most Pacific ocean.
33. It should be noted that CASCO Vieja is not only a historical district, at the mercy of the tourists. In many buildings today focused public institution, so for example the building of the Ministry of Government and Justice (literally, the Ministry of Government and Justice, whatever that means).
34. Of course there are many historical monuments and structures, sometime I will be patient and will tell you all about in a separate post.
35. Me CASCO Viejo is very much like the Philippine Intramuros in Manila. Very similar, though at different ends of the planet, and were built by various Europeans, but Europeans.
36. Panama attractive than the last time, so this large-scale landscaping. Really, well done.
37. Finally the business part, recognizable image of modern Panama.
38. The skyscrapers are really a lot, but most of them, in my opinion, tasteless.
39. There is certainly some promising buildings that attract attention, but for the most part – boring.
40. I will try to tell you about this part of Panama a little more.
41. Well this is a different Panama.
42. Do You Like It?