Tooth sensitivity is one of the most common ailments in the world.
Nearly 37% of the world population suffers from hyperesthesia, as doctors call this annoying nagging teeth.
If you have ever felt the horrific tooth pain while trying to take a bite of ice cream or SIP of hot coffee, since you are destined long to fear the contact of your teeth with any product that has extreme temperature.
Tooth sensitivity manifests itself in contact with various stimuli, in particular:
Talking about tooth sensitivity?
Increased sensitivity of tooth enamel not only brings discomfort. It can be a symptom of diseases which sooner or later will lead you in the dental office, as it may not be just an discomfort, but a symptom:
– periodontal disease;
damage tooth enamel.
Often, however, hypersensitivity of tooth enamel manifests itself without any disturbances nor to the structure of the enamel or the gums.
What are the stages of development of tooth hypersensitivity?
Dentists identified three stages of tooth sensitivity:
teeth react only to sudden changes of temperature (heat, cold);
– except when the reaction temperature is added to the response to chemical exposure (sweet, salty or sour foods, pickles);
– the teeth react to any stimulus, including a touch (mechanical impact).
If you eliminate the physical discomfort, tooth sensitivity in General significantly affects the quality of life in General. A person who suffers from hyperesthesia, cannot and does not want to explain to everyone present why in this heat he can’t drink cold refreshing beverages. It is difficult to explain that he doesn’t want to offend my friends, and it would be hard to refuse in the dank autumn evening from a Cup of hot coffee. The sufferer has to pretend that he suddenly fell out of love with ice cream or crisp young but still green apples, although in reality he is only sore and aching teeth from each of their “meetings” with your favorite once treats.
It’s a seemingly small ailment makes to rebuild habits, spoiling life.
Causes of tooth hypersensitivity
Why is this happening? The reason is that due to various reasons tooth enamel this person simply became thinner. As a consequence, exposed dentinal tubules leading to the pulp, and then to the nerve of the tooth.
That’s why any stimulus over time, causing at first great discomfort which when ignoring the problem becomes over time, the pain that runs through all of the human body.
What causes tooth enamel damage? This, in the first place:
– lack in the diet is important for your teeth of the minerals and substances;
– the abuse of sweet, sour, spicy and sweet foods that cause destruction of the protective layer of tooth enamel;
– mechanical damage to the tooth enamel, in particular, when using a toothbrush having hard bristles, toothpastes with abrasives, tooth powder;
– a belated appeal to the dentist;
– inflammation of the tooth nerve or pulp (pulpitis).
However, this problem is quite fixable. First and foremost, of course, you should contact your dentist at the stage of response teeth only on the temperature difference. If the teeth are healthy, and you just need to keep their enamel, we should listen to the advice of experienced professionals.
How to get rid of tooth sensitivity or to prevent its occurrence
The basic means of protecting and strengthening the tooth enamel when tooth sensitivity is proper nutrition, as well as compliance with the basic rules of oral hygiene:
1. The food should be full, rich foods with a high content of phosphorus, calcium and vitamins.
2. Go on a toothbrush with softer bristles, or at least the bristles of medium hardness. It is important to start brushing your teeth every time with new sites in the oral cavity.
3. For effective cleansing of tooth enamel must be made a minimum of 30 vertical cleaning movements on both sides of each tooth. Best of all this will help electric toothbrush.
4. You should not use toothpastes that contain abrasive particles. Most often they are contained in all whitening toothpastes. All the more reason to forget about a tooth-powder.
5. Choosing toothpaste, it is important to pay attention to the one that is designed for sensitive teeth. However, be aware that, in the opinion of the dental potassium containing toothpaste can only mask the toothache, impacting only on the nerve and not protecting the dentine (the bony substance of the tooth, which is under the enamel). So the effect was more complete, it is important that the paste is also defended and dentin.
6. When buying a special mouthwash for oral cavity, you should also choose those designed for sensitive teeth. It is also desirable that conditioners contain ingredients to strengthen tooth enamel.
7. Try to avoid exposure to the teeth sudden temperature changes. Do not, for example, drink cold ice-cream with hot tea. Rapid alternation of hot and cold temperatures causes the appearance of microcracks in the tooth enamel and, consequently, increased tooth sensitivity.
8. We should not limit the use of solid crispy vegetables and fruits such as carrots, apples. The view that when teeth need to switch to soft food, found faulty and only leads to the deterioration of the teeth.
9. Regarding chewing gum, it is important to know what not to chew on an empty stomach, as produced by this gastric juice will corrode the walls of the stomach and saliva which is secreted in the mouth – tooth enamel. Needless to say, no tooth gum can not replace a full dental cleaning.
10. Forget about seeds, how could you not love them snapping! Rassasyvanie seeds with your teeth leads to damage of tooth enamel and, hence, increase its sensitivity.
© 2017, micetimes.asia. All rights reserved