Irish cyclist Daniel Martin was the winner of the sixth stage of the Tour de France.
Martin boldly attacked on the finishing hill with a 9% gradient and managed to the finish line to maintain an efficient pace. Irish for the second time and for the first time in five years, won a stage at the Tour de France.
The leader of the General standings remains Greg van Avermat. After the sixth stage, the closest rival of the Belgian became Geraint Thomas of Sky. A minute from the yellow Jersey and there are 11 riders, including Alejandro Valverde and Richie Porte.
The results of the sixth stage:
1. Daniel Martin (Ireland, UAE-Emirates Team) – 4:of 13.43
2. Pierre Latour (France, AG2R La Mondiale) – 0,01
3. Alejandro Valverde (Spain, Movistar) – 0,03
4. Julian Alaphilippe (France, Quick Step Floors)
5. Rafal Majka (Poland, BORA–hansgrohe)
Overall standings after six stages:
1. Greg van Avermat (Belgium, BMC) – 22:35,46
2. Geraint Thomas (Great Britain, Sky) – 0,03
3. TJ van Garderen (USA, BMC) – 0,05
4. Julian Alaphilippe (France, Quick Step Floors) – 0,06
5. Philippe Gilbert (Belgium, Quick-Step Floors) – 0,12
At the seventh stage of the participants of the Tour de France is waiting for the 230-kilometer stage with one mountain of the fourth category and final 500-meter stretch with an average gradient of 3%, making it a favorite of sprinters stage wide profile.