The agreement includes the cessation of “all hostilities”.
North and South Korea and the UN command agreed on Monday on the withdrawal of firearms and guard posts from the DMZ village of Panmunjom this week.
This is stated in the message of the Ministry of defense of South Korea, according to Reuters.
The three parties held a second round of talks in Panmunjom to discuss ways to demilitarize the border, according to a recent inter-Korean Pact signed at the summit last month in Pyongyang.
The US-led UN command is monitoring the situation in the demilitarized zone since the end of hostilities during the war between the two Koreas 1950-1953.
The two Koreas hope to take 11 security posts within a radius of 1 km along the Military demarcation line on their border before the end of the year. They also plan to withdraw all firearms from a United security zone in Panmunjom and cut to 35 the number of employees that are there.
At the meeting Monday, the three parties agreed to the withdrawal of firearms and security posts from the security zone by Thursday. They plan to conduct a joint inspection within the next two days, said the Ministry.
“We discussed the timetable for the withdrawal of firearms and security posts, as well as ways to adjust the number of staff on duty and conducting of joint inspections,” – said in the Ministry statement.
The agreement also includes the cessation of “all hostilities” and a ban on flights near the border.