- Open and interoperable system architecture and IoT platform delivering enhanced value around safety, reliability, efficiency, sustainability and connectivity for Building, Grid, Industry, Data Center customers
- Leveraging advancements in IoT, mobility, sensing, cloud, analytics, and cybersecurity technologies to deliver Innovation At Every Level from Connected Products to Edge Control to Applications, Analytics and Services
- Developed with Microsoft, Intel and others and open to an ecosystem of developers, data scientists, hardware and service partners who can create or co-create solutions and applications
Rueil-Malmaison (France), November 29, 2016 – Schneider Electric, the global specialist in energy management and automation, today announced the launch of its next generation EcoStruxure™ architecture and platform to deliver IoT-enabled solutions at scale for building, grid, industry and data center customers. The enhanced architecture and platform is open, scalable and interoperable, connecting the three core layers of Schneider Electric’s technology stack, from connected products, to edge control, to applications, analytics and services. This next generation EcoStruxure delivers enhanced value around safety, reliability, efficiency, sustainability, and connectivity of IoT-enabled operations.
As part of this launch, the company also announced today that is establishing a new community with technology and consortium leaders to maximize the benefits its customers receive of an IoT-enabled operation.
Innovation at Every Level: Technology and Consortium Collaboration
Flagship technology companies enabling the next generation of EcoStruxure include:
- Microsoft: Schneider Electric leverages the Microsoft Azure cloud platform to deliver its digital services, apps and analytics. Azure is the cloud backbone for EcoStruxure, easing technology development on the platform. “Schneider Electric depends on Microsoft Azure IoT technology to rapidly scale public, private and hybrid cloud solutions,” said Sam George, Director, Microsoft Azure IoT at Microsoft Corp. “We’re committed to working together to deliver new digital services that leverage their vast domain expertise in targeted end markets.” One such digital service, Conext 2 Advisor, is a secure monitoring and control solution for managing and optimizing the performance of solar power plants, and is delivered as an Azure cloud-based service, accessible on computers or mobile devices.
- Intel: Schneider Electric leverages Intel’s smart Field Programmable Gateway Arrays (FPGA) devices to power its sensors and devices, networks and the cloud. Intel’s FPGAs enhance the performance, power and flexibility of the EcoStruxure architecture to enable smarter operations.
New partnerships are also continually emerging with specialized technology providers like Zuora and global industry leaders like the company’s recently announced partnership with Panasonic, both of which further enable the delivery of new technology, new services, new business models, and more service-oriented value for customers.
Schneider Electric also serves on the board of the Industrial Internet Consortium and Thread Group, where it is working with other leading organizations to accelerate the growth and development of IoT solution architectures and standards for the industrial and home automation industries.
Innovation at Every Level: Ecosystem of Developers
The company is also further establishing its innovation community for each of its end markets. Each community includes open access for an ecosystem of developers and data scientists, as well as hardware and service partners to create or co-create solutions and applications for EcoStruxure.
These communities include the portfolio of companies involved in the company’s Silicon Valley Innovation Program, including Planet Ecosystem, Digital Lumens and OhmConnect that have already begun to integrate their IoT solutions into the EcoStruxure architecture and platform.
For more information on the company’s EcoStruxure architecture, please see the accompanying press release and visit http://www.schneider-electric.com/b2b/en/campaign/innovation/platform.jsp.
About Schneider Electric
Schneider Electric is the global specialist in energy management and automation. With revenues of ~€27 billion in FY2015, our 160,000+ employees serve customers in over 100 countries, helping them to manage their energy and process in ways that are safe, reliable, efficient and sustainable. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Our connected technologies reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. At Schneider Electric, we call this Life Is On.