Ukrainian biathlete Yulia Jim in Pokljuka won first career win of the world Cup.
Jim was spotless four shooting stages, and the last circle on the broken line in correspondence to the suppression of the Polish Monika Hojnisz has maintained a 15-second advantage. For 1.3 km to go from Kiev ahead of schedule Hojnisz just 2.1 seconds, but at the cost of incredible effort was able to add and still got first career win in the world Cup!
The added bonus for Jim will be a leader’s Jersey of the General classification of the world Cup. In this dress Julia will appear before the public on Saturday during the sprint race.
First personal start in the world Cup worthy of a great and Olena Pidhrushna, where one mistake prevented to be on the podium next to Jimei.
Anastasiya Merkushyna well as to the last claimed the prize, but one wrong shot cost the Ukrainian falling in the top three.
Yulia Zhuravok with flawless shooting, not enough speed on the track. However, the 24-year-old Ukrainian managed to finish in the top 20, once again confirming the status of a specialist in individual races.
Vita Semerenko, with two penalties a minute and a weak speed on the course were not included in the points area.
World Cup 2018-2019. Pokljuka. Results individual race:
1. Julia Jim (Ukraine, 0+0+0+0) 43:06,6
2. Monika Hojnisz (Poland, 0+0+0+1) +5,9
3. Marketa Davidova (Czech Republic, 0+0+0+1) +16,5
15. Olena Pidhrushna (Ukraine, 1+0+0+0) +1:12,0
16. Anastasiya Merkushyna (Ukraine, 0+0+0+1) +1:12,4
20. Yuliya Zhuravok (Ukraine, 0+0+0+0) +1:32,8
41. Vita Semerenko (Ukraine, 0+1+1+0) +3:13,6