U.S. expects to achieve “the main disarmament phase” for two and a half years.
For a complete disarmament of North Korea will take several years. This was stated by the United States Secretary of state Mike Pompeo.
“We expect that the main phase of the disarmament will be completed by 2020,” said Pompeo. Pompeo commented on criticism of the agreement signed between the leaders of the United States and North Korea during the summit in Singapore on June 12.
In the text of the agreement did not provide a specific timeframe for the denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula. The Secretary of state said that they expect to achieve “the main disarmament phase” for two and a half years.
Pompeo previously said that the United States and South Korea resume joint military exercises if North Korea would be unfair to negotiate over its nuclear program. Pompeo is located in South Korea, after the meeting, trump and Kim Jong UN, which the US President announced the decision to stop military exercises with South Korea.