The idea is to turn the ruins into an art object owned by a local artist Jakub Hadrava.
Thanks to donations from many visitors to the abandoned building were even able to replace the roof.
In the Czech Republic tourists EN masse to visit the old Church, which artists in his time was inhabited by spirits, thus giving new life to almost forgotten historical fact sheet. The Church of St. George in the village of lukova was erected in 1352. The idea is to turn the ruins into an art object owned by a local artist Jakub Hadrava.
In the ranks of the parishioners sitting in the white silent figure. By design, this silhouettes of German students, who, during the Second World war lived in the village and on Sunday came to Church. This installation the artist wanted to draw attention to the history of his native land. Interestingly, first opened the installation in 2012 in the student project of the artist. However, the popularity as a tourist object, it began to acquire only a few years, when on one of the Youtube channels has extended the stylized video out of the Church, enriched with the special effects and sounds.
According to the publication Mercury News, ever since tourists have begun to gather to the Church, which is open for visitors every Saturday night. Meanwhile, in 2017, thanks to donations from visitors in excess of 20 thousand euros, in an abandoned building were even able to replace the roof.