Finnish biathlete Kaisa mäkäräinen won the final race of the world Cup in Ruhpolding.
The denouement of the mass start in Ruhpolding turned out to be very dramatic – Canada’s Rosanna Crawford on the last miles of the race lost a 20-second advantage after just three pursuers.
For the victory in the race in finishing the alignment with Makarainen competed the current world Cup champion Laura dahlmeier. Unfortunately for the fans, the German was unable to answer the final push rival from Finland.
Kaisa Makarainen won 22nd career victory and first since January of 2017. An added bonus for her was the lead in the overall standings of the world Cup – from failed mass start Anastasia Kuzmina Makarainen took the lead on 19 points.
Three out of four Ukrainians were able to finish in the top 15, and Vita Semerenko rounded out the top 10. With good shooting Jim and the company once again lacked a decent speed on the track.
Ruhpolding. Women. The results of the mass start:
1. Kaisa Makarainen (1+0+0+1) 34:05.6
2. Laura Dallmeier (1+0+0+1) +0.8
3. Veronika Vitkova (1+0+1+0) +4.6
10. Vita Semerenko (Ukraine, 1+1+0+0) +45.7
12. Anastasiya Merkushyna (Ukraine, 0+1+0+0) +49.9
13. Valya Semerenko (Ukraine, 1+0+0+0) +53.4
18. Julia Jim (Ukraine, 1+0+1+0) +1:15.3