French biathlete Martin Fourcade won the sprint race at the fourth world Cup in Oberhof (Germany).
On the first shooting Fourcade came, knowing that his main rival Johannes Bø made a prone two penalties. The experienced Frenchman at a continuous pace exactly fulfilled both shooting stages, and on the last lap not lost a 13-second lead over the Norwegian.
Between Fourcade and Bø has managed to break Emil Hegle Svendsen – four-time Olympic champion, despite a late start number, due to the perfect shooting designed the first personal podium of the season.
Martin Fourcade claimed his third win of the season and 66th career on the stages of the world Cup. Along the way, the reigning champion of the world Cup in Oberhof, has issued an anniversary, winning 20 of the sprint race in his career.
Ukrainians in Oberhof pleased – Dmitry Pidruchny for the first time in the season finished in the top 10, Brendan, despite two penalties, took 16-th place, and Vladimir Semakov and Brendan will perform in Saturday’s pursuit.
Oberhof. Men. The results of the sprint:
1. Martin Fourcade (France, 0+0) 25:03,3
2. Emil Svendsen (Norway, 0+0) +8,1
3. Garanichev Evgeniy (Norway, 2+0) +10,2
10. Pidruchnuy Dmytro (Ukraine, 1+0) +56,3
16. Pryma Artem (Ukraine, 1+1) +1:20,6
43. Vladimir Semakov (Ukraine, 0+2) +2:02,0
53. Artem Tyshchenko (Ukraine, 0+1) +2:17,4
81. Ruslan Tkalenko (Ukraine, 0+3) +3:16,0
© 2018, micetimes.asia. All rights reserved